1. Democratic relationships: rights and performance of duties, an explanation of the requirements. Actually it looks like the following. Parents and child agree on respecting a certain agreement. Clearly assign duties and determine the degree of “punishment” if the agreement is not met. We must not forget that the implementation of the provisions of the agreement are complied with by all parties on an equal footing. A lot of these families based on trust and respect for the opinions of each. This style of relationship is complicated, requiring a lot of patience. But he further does not alienate children from their parents. And allows lot to decide not prejudice to the merits of each other, without offending any of the members of the family.
2. Authoritarian style: tight control, causes of requirements of parents are not explained (like, “baby, I said so.”). The teenager often resists this style of relationship. This can manifest itself in 2 lines of conduct:
– Insubordination and fighting (if the teenager belongs to a strong type). And then a sleepless night is guaranteed. And permanently damaged the relationship too.
– A lack of confidence, immaturity and dependency (if the child belongs to the weaker type). This is also not very great. Because this option often grow infantile children. Not priuchavshee to independence and responsibility for their actions, the child will not be able to solve their own problems. And another “strong” – will often be able to subdue such a child.
3. Tight control with a lack of emotion. Some parents believe that the key to parenting is just to keep track of progress and contact with the child. When you bring this attitude to “Lessons made? Well and well done. Sit down with something and I do not bother”. The child feels abandoned and not needed. The lack of heat develops mistrust, often rigidity (because the child often does not know what it means to love, to sympathize, to feel sorry). The need for love, he compensates for by communicating with their peers (and socializing in large volume). Can start to get involved in drugs, as a means of “oblivion” from the problems. Often, these children begin to make offenses, petty theft. In this way, they are subconsciously trying to attract attention to themselves and their problems.
4. The lack of control with a lack of emotional relationships. These relationships give the feeling of permissiveness, because there is no full responsibility for the child. Parents only think about themselves (their business), and often in such families the child is just an irritant. And it feels unnecessary and unloved. This style of relationship leads to the fact that badly in need of parents (in support) the teenager begins to seek solace in other people. Such children often run away from home, skipping class. They become dependent on others. They can exploit not with the best of intentions. Girls can start looking for “adventure” on side, because the “greedy” sweet words. And often become sexual victims of men (or other older Teens), succumbed to “good” attitude on his part. Boys can start to establish itself at the expense of the weak and to be cruel.
5. Hyper strong emotional contact. Such parents do not give yourself to develop to your children. They think for them, decide what to do. And it all served as the “It’s all for your own good”. Don’t let go for a moment. And if that’s not their rules – reach for the heart and accuse their children of callousness. Over time, the kids raised in this style, there are difficulties in communication. They remain infantile “minicinema” sons/daughters.
6. High expectations of parents. In this style of relationship the parents have a lot of demands and claims to the child, recording in many sections. And in General too are trying to diversify of the child. At the same time the child is not very taken into account. English, music, tennis, chess, swimming, dancing – this is an incomplete list of wishes that parents must know the child. And that’s not counting the fact that he must study hard, to help parents around the house (and the country). Parents with half of this list don’t know how, learn more on international adoption at adoption agencies blog. But it did not bother them. The child becomes a “carrier” of life plans parents. A child’s success you can brag about it (parents amuse their vanity, “they say, here’s my what!”). And each miss is accompanied by claims such as: “Well, as always! Even this could not do. Here I am in your age….” (this is followed by memories of “Superman” abilities of both parents). With this parenting style in adolescents is formed anxiety, fears, and life the motive of fear of failure and avoiding failure provided for the post by International Adoption research blogger and columnist.
Each style has its advantages and disadvantages. Each family is trying to develop their own style. Importantly, this relationship brought You joy and sense of comfort to all Your family members.